Mobile Kennel Club

Mobile Kennel Club

Est 1921

Forums

Forum Home > Mobile City Ordinance > City Council Meeting - Jan 27, 2015

BrianC

Went to the City Council meeting today because the Section 7, Mobile City Animal Control Ordinance, was on the agenda.  A vote on the issue was tabled until February 24, 2015 because the city attorney representing the Animal Shelter did not have an opportunity to review the changes (I think she was on vacation).  Also, after she okays the changes then the attorney representing the City Council must approve the changes.

There is a meeting of the Public Safety Committee scheduled for 1:30 p.m., February 10 to further discuss Section 7-26 (selling at the Flea Market).   I do not believe any vote will pass that eliminates the sale of animals (any animal) at the Flea Market. 

I submitted a personal proposal requiring microchips and Veternary Inspection Certificates for all animals being sold.  I also proposed some tracking measures and fees that would allow the Animal Shelter to pay for a full-time Animal Control Officer (ACO) at the Flea Market.   The PSC seems to like the proposal and I believe some of it will be incorporated.  The Veternary Association, the Flea Market Management, rescue groups, some public input and the Mobile Kennel Club are shaping the wording of the new legislation.

We have received much good press since this started with mention on television, Mobile Press Register, and the Langiappe.  I will keep you posted as the meetings progress.

Brian

--

Brian
It takes a big man to show a small dog,
It takes a REAL man to show a hairless one.

January 30, 2015 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BrianC

Meeting has been moved up to 1:00 p.m. Feb 10 from the original 1:30.

--

Brian
It takes a big man to show a small dog,
It takes a REAL man to show a hairless one.

February 10, 2015 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.