|Forum Home > Minutes > July 2015 Meeting Minutes|
Month of: July
Date: July 1, 2015
Call to Order: 7:15 p.m.
Attendees: 12 Full members in Attendance
Carlene McKinnell, Barbara Robinson, Leann Lange, Beverly Bottoms, Bonnie Hale, Shirley Boyd, Kathy Norfleet, Janet Carberry, Brian Carberry, Carolyn Clarke, Kendall Clarke, & Rebecca McCarty.
Roll call of minutes:
Minutes from June meeting were read and approved.
• Janet reported that the Board discussed an offer from the City of Mobile to meet with the Executive Director of the Convention Center as a possible show site. The Board agreed if the Convention Center could meet the needs for RVs that Board members should meet to discuss the idea.
• Discussed the Plus’s and Delta’s of the last show
• Kathy Norfleet will be heading the nomination committee which will be formed in August.
Corresponding Secretary Report:
Shirley reported she had one internet inquiry from someone looking for a Pug and she referred them to the AKC site as normal.
Stated there is an International Dog Show coming up in Perry, GA. It is an all-breed, rare breed show.
• Sent sample Premium Lists to members
• MB-F will not permit a ring for Obedience practice
• Everything is going well with show planning
• Expecting/Hoping for large entry due to no Monroe, LA show and TN moving their show date.
• 2nd deposit is due to MS Coliseum this month
• Trophies are all done and we had excess money.
• Excess money will be used for Obedience HiT ($50 ea. Sat & Sun) and NOHS ($70) prizes.
Legislative Update: Bonnie
Nothing new happening
• AKC approved the new Judges Selection Process
• AKC will provide yearly report on:
% of judges are judging what % of dogs
Perception of judging competency through exhibitor surveys
Number of unique dog show entries
Which CEUs are being used by judges and judge applicants
• Eff. 10/1/15 clubs may offer Premier Agility Trials
• New criteria for CAT judges (lure coursing)
• Grand Champion title will reflect the level
• Concurrent Group and All-Breed events will be permitted.
• AKC developing a statement against Pet Leasing
• Eff 9/1/15 changes will be incorporated to the Disaster and Emergency Planning portion for show criteria
• AKC conducted a study to determine:
What motivates people to participate in dog sports:
• Gratification on improving their dogs’ and their own skills
What factors are considered to determine multiple levels of involvement:
• At their next meeting the AKC will discuss:
Titling Low-entry breeds
Lmtd Junior Class Judges
Jr Handler Master Class revisions
A new “Pee Wee” class (5-9 yrs)
Concurrent Matches w/ shows
“Show and Go” rings
New Member voting:
• Update to AKC web info: Brian reported it is done
• Match money update - None
• MKC club T-shirts: Brian reported they were done and ordering would start soon.
• Pet Supplies Plus – Kathy reported last turn-out was good. Brian offered to help Kathy
• 2-way radios – Becky said she and Nicole only found 2 broken ones in storage unit. She purchased 6 new radios w/chargers for $89.
• BSA assist at show – Barbara reported that BSA emailed their higher chain of command and she will get in touch with them.
• Suggestion for Judges – Becky told the group what she needs whenever anyone suggests judges for a show.
• Barbara reported that she and Kathy did an impromptu ‘show and tell” at the Pet Supermarket that went very well.
• Kathy said she is going to look for a new place to hold our monthly public information session since Pet Supplies Plus as so few customers
• Shirley will order new materials from AKC for us to hand out
Adjournment: 8:13 p.m.
Motion: Brian C
Brags: Bonnie, Carlene, Brian & Janet (non-dog)