|Forum Home > Minutes > March 2016 - Meeting Minutes (approved)|
Month of: March
Date: March 2, 2016
Call to Order: 7:02 p.m.
Attendees: 9 full members, 2 Associate Members, & 5 Guests.
Roll call of minutes: Minutes from February meeting were read and approved. Motion – Kathy, 2nd - Carlene
President’s Report: Janet
• Asked everyone to please cc: her if responding to another club regarding anything about the Mobile Kennel Club activities or other issues.
• Reminded everyone that the club is here for everyone and we want to hear everyone. If anyone has an item they want brought to the club please make sure it goes into the minutes.
• Our theme is “We are looking forward”
Corresponding Secretary Report: Absent
Janet reported for Carolyn (see attached)
Treasurer’s Report: Pat
Reported we have $18, 487.83 in the bank. The past month we paid the 1st deposit to the Coliseum, towels for trophies, Insurance, and the new and old storage units.
Show: Brian for Becky
• All judges should be final by the end of the month
• Everything should be finalized by the April meeting
• Everything is covered except:
o Herding on Friday, &
o BIS on Friday
• Casinos all said no to our requests for donations due to the lack of a 501c3.
• Need all outstanding trophy stuff by April 15.
• Laura is working on Obedience Rosettes
Vendors: Janet for Shirley
• Read notice sent to all of last years’ vendors Shirley sent. (see attached)
• Discussion regarding multiple vendors of the same type. It was explained that this does not work because then neither make enough money to warrant coming back.
• We do not have nearly enough so keep it coming.
• Kathy present a few items she was able to purchase with the Kohl’s cash received after buying the towels.
AKC Activity: Laraine
• B Match approved
• Laura Jones will judge obedience
• Park is paid
• Obedience registration will begin at 8:30 with judging at 9a.
• Conformation sign up to begin at 9am.with judging at 10a.
• CGC will be offered
• Janet invited MGCKC to join us since we are now Cluster partners.
• Picnic to follow
Legislative Update: Bonnie
• David Session spoke to the Garden Club. He is chair of the Agricultural State Committee. He stated the dog law that was sent to the State Congress a few years ago was very bad and he would never support any such bill.
AKC Update: Brian
New Member voting: James’ and Phillips’
9 voting members present. All were voted and approved unanimously.
• Pat – Storage unit is a done deal. Plan to move March 12.
• Kathy – My Furry Valentine was a great success with lots of members and visitors.
• Brian -Table Banner is done. Used at My Furry Valentine. Showed to the group.
• Nicole – taking care of Whole Foods to keep our meeting spot through the summer.
• Wash Tubs – Discussion about how many tubs. MGCKC has 2,. Motion to buy 2 tubs – Brian, 2nd – Carlene.
• Cover of Catalog – Becky and Letty (Cluster Co-chairs) agreed to have a professional graphics company design the cover for the show. We will own the rights and they can produce all sorts of products with the logo for us.
• White aprons – Purchased and given to Jan
Barb: Inquiries about handling classes
Members will be free, non-members $10 per person per class
Barb will find location and provide dates.
Janet reported that Becky received and email from PDFA asking us if we would like to join them. We graciously declined the offer and thanked them.
Adjournment: 8:22 p.m.
Motion – Brian
2nd - Barbara