Mobile Kennel Club

Mobile Kennel Club

Est 1921

Forums

Post Reply
Forum Home > Minutes > April 2016 Meeting Minutes - Approved

BrianC
Moderator
Posts: 55

Month of: April

 

Date: 04/06/2016

 

Call to Order: 7:15 p.m.

 

Attendees: 15 members: 2 guests

 

Roll call of minutes:

Minutes of April meeting were read and approved with one change from Kathy. Motion Carlene, 2nd – Kathy

 

President’s Report:

Thanked the 4 members who moved the storage locker to the new location

Introductions of new members, guests, and current members

There will be no raise in dues for next year.

 

Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn

Wants to ensure she has email addresses for new members

She is getting kickback from one email address.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Pat

Balance of $18,115.45 with $251.50 in relief fund. She stated nothing was paid this month.

 

Committee Reports:

 

Show: Becky

All done except one judge who is waiting on provisionals. Given until 4/15 to be finished. All information has to be finalized with MB-F by April 30.

 

Trophies: Kathy

Trophies are done and covered.

She passed trophy around for members to see.

 

Vendors: Shirley/Janet

Janet reported there is nothing new and she will contact Shirley.

 

Raffle: Pat

Appreciates all those who are bringing items.

Encouraged everyone to bring more.

Carlene volunteered to help with Raffle table this year.

 

AKC Activity: Laraine/Nicole

Remember our B Match coming up May 7

Obedience, Confirmation & CGC

Obedience judge will be Laura

Conformation judge TBD

 

Legislative Update: Bonnie

Nothing new

 

AKC Update: Brian

Nothing new

 

New Member voting:

None

 

Old Business:

Wash Tubs - Pat

 

Bonnie - Storage unit was moved but needs cleaned out (old items)

Bonnie will set up a day for clean-up and will recycle stuff

Will save one box of catalogs for stewarding classes

 

Barbara – Handling classes

Tues nights @ USA pkg lot

Conformation handling and Basic obedience

Members free – others $10

7 p.m. until

Start date TBD

 

Catalog Cover – Becky showed new cover to everyone

 

New Business:

New Cluster proposal

Janet explained the Board decided to bring this to the full membership

Becky explained new cluster proposal to make a “mini Brooksville” in 2017.

Would add old Singing River clubs to, MKC and MGCKC.

Would hold weekend (Memorial day weekend) before NOLA groups in Biloxi.

Would provide 10 shows in 11 days in one location

Will all have to use same Superintendent

Will have to coordinate many things with NOLA groups (ie judges, reserved grooming, etc.)

Coliseum has this weekend available.

 

Plus’s

Moves us out of hurricane season

Bigger draws as no other shows in the area

 

Delta’s

Begins new discussion on date changes again

Must get approval from all other clubs involved esp. our Cluster partner

Fast turnaround of activities to be ready by December 31.

 

Kendall made a motion to authorizing Becky to start checking with others to get authorization so it can be brought to the next club meeting (june). 2nd – Pat Motion passed unanimously

 

Adjournment: 8:32 p.m.

Motion – Kendall

2nd - Brian

 

--


Brian
It takes a big man to show a small dog,
It takes a REAL man to show a hairless one.

September 7, 2016 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.