|Forum Home > Minutes > June 2016 Meeting Minutes - Approved|
Month of: June 2016
Call to Order: 7:00 p.m.
Attendees: 2 Members & 10 Full members in Attendance
Members: Ramsey and Sarah Phillips; Full Members: Brian Carberry, Janet Carberry, Kathy Norfleet, Bonnie Hale, Carolyn Clarke, Kendall Clarke, Rebecca McCarty, Beverly Bottoms, Leann Lange, and Carlene McKinnel.
Roll call of minutes:
President’s Report: Janet
• Match was very nice with a good turnout
• MKC is “Looking Forward, not Back”
• Volunteer Raffle will again be in place for our show. Grand prize will be minimum value of $75.00. Other prizes will be available. 2 hours of volunteering = 1 chance
Corresponding Secretary Report: Brian
Minute from previous meeting were approved as read. Motion: Kathy, 2nd: Bonnie
Treasurer’s Report: Absent
Committee Reports: (President asked all members to please hold their questions or comments until the Committee chair was done giving their report.)
• All info Sent to MB-F for Premium List.
• Emailed them to see if it was done.
• Took questions about Sept. show.
• MS Toy Club is approved for Sept. 2016
• All done and going well.
• Still have a few outstanding check to receive, but everything is on track.
Vendors: Janet (for Shirley)
• Talked to Shirley on phone
• Asked her to contact additional vendors
• 10x10=$250, 10x20=$350, and 10x30=$475
• No Report
AKC Activity: Laraine
• Nothing at present.
• Next event will be Obedience at our show
Legislative Update: Bonnie
• Nothing new
AKC Update: Brian
• Suggested that pts should be given for Groups 2, 3, and 4. After looking at the numbers this was voted down.
• Effective July 1, 2016 there will be AKC Farm Dog Certification Test. It will consist of 12 P/F elements.
• If approved, there will be Junior ONLY Trials in Agility, Obedience and Rally effective 2/1/2017.
• Jr. Earth Dog was changed to allow more time to reach the quarry. They will now of 45 seconds rather than 30.
New Member voting: Beverly Bottoms as full member
• 9 Members present. Voted to approve unanimously
Becky – Move show date to Memorial Day Weekend
• Monroe is holding show on Memorial Day weekend with Arkansas Club 2017
• Looking for optional weekends
• If we cannot move, we can hold a 5-day All-Breed show in Sept.
• **open discussion**
• It was informally agreed upon that we have 3 choices:
1. Stay where we are,
2. Push back 1 week to where we had been, or
3. Move to Memorial day regardless.
Motion was made to table further discussion regarding the issue and hold a Special meeting September 7, 2016 (after our show) so we have better data on fiscal feasibility. Motion made by Brian Carberry, 2nd by Carlene McKinnel. Passed unanimously
Wash Tubs – Pat (absent): carried over
Training – Barbara (absent): carried over
Kathy: Would like to see decoration for photo booth that would better represent The Gulf Coast or Biloxi. Was given the green light to go for it.
Adjournment: 8:05 p.m.