|Forum Home > Minutes > July 2016 Meeting Minutes - Approved|
Month of: July 2016
Call to Order: 7:11 p.m.
Attendees: 11Full members in Attendance
Full Members: Brian Carberry, Janet Carberry, Kathy Norfleet, Bonnie Hale, Carolyn Clarke, Kendall Clarke, Rebecca McCarty, Pat Robinson, Laraine Guidry, Nicole Guirdy, and Carlene McKinnel.
Roll call of minutes: Minutes from June meeting were approved as read. Motion: Kathy, 2nd: Bonnie
President’s Report: Janet
• Only one more meeting before the show
• MKC is “Looking Forward, not Back”
• Volunteer Raffle will again be in place for our show. Grand prize will be minimum value of $75.00. Other prizes will be available. 2 hours of volunteering = 1 chance
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
Received notice that PO Box was due
Treasurer’s Report: Pat
Reported we have $18,267.35 in treasury including $284.51 in Relief Fund
Committee Reports: (President asked all members to please hold their questions or comments until the Committee chair was done giving their report.)
• All is set
• Kathy is doing hospitality
• Everyone is encouraged to help check rings
• Security & Cleanup – will check with Letty
• GSD – Fri & Sat during lunch
• Toy Specialty – Thurs afternoon
• Brian is doing Reserve Grooming layout
Questions: Kathy asked about dog walking area. – Becky said she will check with Coliseum about cordoning off the area.
• Done – just have details to finish
• Buying items to make the photo area look a little more “Gulf Coast”
• Letters for donations given to Nicole
Vendors: Janet (for Shirley)
• Shirley met with Gary in Biloxi and gave him Vendor Contracts
• Gary stated he should be able to secure approximately 15 vendors
• Will talk to him in a few weeks
• Keep items coming
• Everything will be arranged in baskets this year except large items.
AKC Activity: Laraine
• Nothing at present.
• Next event will be Obedience at our show
• We are out of “Best in Match” ribbons
Legislative Update: Bonnie
• AKC site reports they are still trying to enforce dog breeding laws in Sarasota, FL.
• New Movie coming out about dog breeders. Asked club to purchase a copy.
o Available on demand
o Janet will check on options
AKC Update: Brian
• No meeting, nothing new
New Member voting: None
Becky – Move show date to Memorial Day Weekend
• Show dates will move to Memorial Day
• Monroe moved back to Labor Day
• MB-F cannot handle another show on Memorial Day. Will have to use Onofrio.
• AKC is providing special dispensation due to quick turn-around dates
• All Reserve Grooming, Eye Clinic, and Vendor info is being sent to Pat
o Pat will provide daily updates as they come in as appropriate
Wash Tubs – Pat: Purchased in storage unit
Training – Barbara (absent): carried over
Adjournment: 8:17 p.m.
2nd : Carolyn