|Forum Home > Minutes > 2016 October Meeting Minutes - Approved|
Month of: October
Call to Order: 7:00 p.m.
There were 14 full members, 2 Associate members, and 6 guests at the meeting.
Roll call of minutes:
Minutes were approved as read. Motion: Kendal, 2nd: Bonnie. Unanimously approved
President’s Report: Janet
• Thanked everyone for all of their help and assistance at the show.
• Reminded everyone that MKC business is MKC business
• Insurance claim from person who fell at the show
o Instructed everyone that all discussion goes through Brian. He is our representative working with Insurance company.
• Informed club we received notice from an attorney wanting us to sign-off on a Vendor’s Lien Deed for property we may still own. She and Kathy are working on gathering all documents and will seek an attorney that may help us.
• The Board met and voted the 2017 Show will be moved back one week to Week 36, Sept 9 & 10, 2017.
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
• Becky contacted Carolyn to find out if we received a check from the Coliseum. Carolyn reported it had not been received in the PO Box.
• Carolyn received and email from an AKC Judge needing a placement for a GRCH TFT.
Treasurer’s Report: Absent
• Brian reported that Pat sent an email stating we have $25,104.80 in the bank.
• Reported she will buy towels ASAP.
• Reported we made $856.
AKC Activity: Nicole
No new activities planned
Legislative Update: Bonnie
NAIA rescue dogs from overseas are bringing in a new parasite called Tongue Worm. It can be contracted by humans. In humans it is called Halzoun.
AKC Update: Brian
Introduction of new guests
Rick Ly, Christy Nguyen, and Julie Huffine
New Member voting: None
• Election Nominating Committee: Kathy read the slate of nominations for the 2017 elections.
• Laura Jones – Has not completed proposal for Obedience match and show 2017
• Barbara Robinson – Training classes. No one attended. Classes canceled.
• Christmas Party – Kathy Norfleet’s house, Saturday, Dec. 3, 6:30 p.m. Bring a dish and dirty Santa gift.
• Volunteers for interim Board Position and Volunteers for new Show Chair to be voted on at Board meeting:
o Barbara Robinson and Beverly Bottoms volunteered for Board position
o Brian Carberry volunteered for Show Chair
• Bonnie: FLA-ALA Toy club is selling smoked Boston Butts to raise funds to help with dogs in LA due to flooding.
• Bonnie: FLA-ALA Toy club is holding a match at Robertsdale Feed and Seed, Hwy 59 this Saturday, 11:30 registration, $5.00.
Adjournment: 7:42 p.m.