|Forum Home > Minutes > 2017 January Meeting Minutes|
Month of: January
Call to Order: 7:06 p.m.
Attendees: 10 Full members, 1 Associate Member, 3 Visitors
Roll call of minutes: Brian
Minute from previous meeting were approved as read. Motion: Kendall, 2nd: Kathy
President’s Report: Janet
• Christmas Party was great fun – Thank you to Kathy & Rod for hosting
• Hoped everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
• Gina stated she changed her mind and declines being Treasurer
o Kathy said she would take over the duties pending elections
• Spoke with Bank Manager regarding bank account access
o Found past members still had access to the accounts
• Property Issue is ongoing. More discussion under Old Business
• Asked members to let her know who is interested in chairing committees.
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
• Several applications received in the mail – Thank you.
Treasurer’s Report: Kathy
• Current balance: $25, 567.32.
o AKC has approved the shows (both clubs) and all is paid for.
o Judge contracts have been received and will be inputted to AKC for approval.
o MB-F contract signed and will be sent.
o Planning to meet with MS Coliseum to discuss discounts
o Would like Hospitality Chairperson (cannot show)
o Towels are purchased
o Passed list of all trophies available for sponsorship
o Asked if anyone had suggestions for other trophies.
o Asked if club wanted to purchase trays for BIS like last year:
Carolyn made a motion to purchase trays for BIS. 2nd: Bonnie. Passed unanimously
o Nothing yet
o Rick asked about vendors (who, how many)
Janet explained we only have so many spaces avail. When full they are full.
o Went to Black Friday sales
Bought TV and a Tablet
o Bring raffle items every month to make it easier.
o Approved by Show Chair
o Working on pricing
AKC Activity: Laraine/Nicole
o Absent – No Report
Legislative Update: Bonnie
o HSUS is doing a fund drive. Encourage people not to give.
AKC Update: Brian
o No Report
New Member voting:
o Taylor Mills – Approved unanimously as Associate member
• Obedience Classes – Barbara: Jason contacted several times. Has not received a response since his wife was injured. Will contact the Hound club for information on locations.
• Property Issue – Janet: We received a court filing of “Quiet Title” as defendant on the issue of the MKC purchase of property in 1980. MKC sold the property in 1988 on a lien deed which does not seem to be satisfied. Kathy and I are working on an entire history of the property and will seek the advice of an attorney. We must respond to the attorneys and the courts within 30 days.
Old Business (cont.)
• Election – Kathy, Nominating Committee Chair:
o Due to Gina Pierce relinquishing her nomination as Treasurer, nominations for the position were taken. Kathy Norfleet was the only nomination for the position.
• 10 voting members present
• Running unopposed are:
o President: Janet Carberry
o Vice-President: Carlene McKinnell
o Corresponding Secretary: Carolyn Clarke
o Recording Secretary: Brian Carberry
o Treasurer: Kathy Norfleet
• Running for 5 Board positions: (* voted for position)
o *Shirley Boyd
o *Beverly Bottoms
o *Kendall Clarke
o Laraine Guidry
o Nicole Guidry
o *Bonnie Hale
o *Barbara Robinson.
• Bonnie suggested a new meeting place called Cinco DeMayo. She thinks they have a small meeting room and will check out the details.
• Shirley said the AKC helpline has bad info for the club.
• Barbara said her insurance company, and other companies, view loose dogs in vehicles as “distracted driving”.
Adjournment: 8:25 p.m.