|Forum Home > Minutes > 2017 February Meeting Minutes - Approved|
Month of: February 2017
Call to Order: 6:55 p.m. (began early due to lack of participants – Atlanta show)
Attendees: 8 full members, 1 Associate member
Roll call of minutes: Minutes were approved as read: Motion-Carolyn, 2nd-Kathy, pass unanimously
President’s Report: Janet
• Land Issue – Attorney for Kendall reviewed all the documents on the case and recommended signing off on the “Action of Quiet Title” due to legal issues we may incur.
• 501(c)(3) Filing – Filed and received email from IRS that the EIN# we provided was incorrect. Will obtain new or correct number and refile.
• Bank account transfer to new Financial Secretary – Kathy, Gina, Brian and Janet met with the bank Manager. Found that Pat still had online access to account information. Followed up with Manager 1 wk after to ensure account accesses were corrected. Janet has access to online banking and will give info to Kathy.
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
• Received the notice from the IRS re: 501(c)(3) filing
• Received no other dues
Treasurer’s Report: Kathy
• Submitted itemized report and stated we have $24,920.36 in the bank
• Judges Approved – handed out judging list
• MB-F contracted
• Steward’s Assoc contracted
• Sosa scheduled
• Coliseum update – no discounts
• Brian asked question: are we doing this for money or for the dogs?
o All answered: for the dogs
• Discussed future Obedience events
• Disappointed in Response to date
o Cannot even cover cost of towels
• Passed list around for donations
• No Report
• If you find a vendor you would like at our show, please get a card.
AKC Activity: Barbara
Legislative Update: Bonnie
• Nothing new
AKC Update: Brian
• No Report
New Member voting: None for membership
Obedience Classes – Tabled (absent)
Property – See President Report – Closed
AKC bad online info – Brian and/or Janet cannot find any bad info on AKC site
Insurance claim – Nothing new being handled by Ins. Co. Brian made a motion to table this topic pending notification of outcome from Insurance Company. 2nd – Kathy, Pass unanimously. CLOSED
Bonnie – inquired about Match
Barbara is working on Match date but is at a show
Kathy – Meet the breeds @ Pet Supermarket stores in Daphne & Mobile.
Lori – Suggested we hold Judge seminars at our show in 2018. Referred to Show Chair and tabled until May 2017.
Adjournment: 8:08 p.m.
Motion – Brian
2nd – Lori
Brags: Bonnie has a new champion, Carolyn – Chips went Select at Nationals, #2 in the country.