|Forum Home > Minutes > 2017 April Meeting Minutes (approved)|
Month of: April
Call to Order: 7:00 p.m.
Attendees: 9 Full Members, 6 Guests
Roll call of minutes:
• Previous month meeting approved as read. Motion: Kathy, 2nd Bonnie
President’s Report: Janet
• The club is now a 501(c)(3) organization
• PayPal account is set up for:
o Online Reserve Grooming
• Website now has a form to submit for classes that goes to Barb.
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
Treasurer’s Report: Kathy
We have a balance of $22, 350.91 incl. $383.11 in the Relief fund
• Everything is on track
• Showed new Premium cover to membership - approved
• Premium list is the “hot topic”
• Hired Judge Garry Newton to replace Jim Briley
• Steward Contracts – extra $10 w/o lunch. Group voted to buy lunch.
• Gina volunteered to do hospitality
• There will be an eye clinic. Thank to Bonnie for staying on top of the Dr.
o New Exhibitor Briefing
o RV Parking
o Reserve Grooming
• Everything is Done
• Brought examples of Trophies/Prizes
AKC Activity: Barb
Brian for Barb:
• Park and all are rented
• Discussion regarding Porta-Potty since closest bathroom is about ¼ mi. away.
• Bonnie made a motion to rent a Porta-Potty for the match: 2nd – Lori; Passed unanimously
Legislative Update: Bonnie
• Many new local Level Breeder Initiatives sponsored by NAIA
AKC Update: Bonnie
• Covered the most popular breeds in America – Black Lab #1
• AKC suggests Surveys at Shows:
o Did you Feel Welcome?
o Will you return?
• New Title available
o Trick Dog Title
• AKC reports they had a successful financial year
• AKC is considering giving 1 point for Gr. CH. If only 1 class dog in the ring.
• Clubs no longer have to submit Reserve Grooming plans for shows
• Specialty & Limited Breed clubs can now hold “All-Breed” B-matches
New Member voting: n/a
Barb – Match (already covered)
Kathy – gave Janet gift for all her embroidery work
Introduction of visitors
Adjournment: 7:45 p.m.
Motion – Brian, 2nd – Lori
Brags: Rob, Bonnie, & Lori