|Forum Home > Minutes > 2017 June Meeting Minutes (approved)|
Month of: June
Call to Order: 7:00 p.m.
14 Regular members, 3 Associate Members, 1 guest
Roll call of minutes:
The recording secretary read the minutes of the last meeting which were approved as read. Motion: Kathy, 2nd: Barb, Passed unanimously
President’s Report: Janet
• We had a great match in May
o Thanked Barbara for all her work and a job well done
o Met some new people, had good food, and a great time.
• The link to reserve groom space online will “go hot” when the Premium List comes out
• Thanked everyone for all their hard work to make our club a continued success.
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
• AKC flu correspondence
o All info has been emailed to all members, & posted on MKC Facebook page
• Kathy said we should be expecting Insurance certificates in the mail.
Treasurer’s Report: Kathy
o All done, waiting on Premium List changes
o Nicole asked about Cancellation Policies for the show.
All contractors have different policies
We have a cancellation clause in our Judges contracts.
• All done
Pg2 MKC 6/17
• Have 2 vendors coming so far
o Gary and Atlanta Semen Bank
Raffle: Carlene (absent)
Chuck-A-Duck: Carlene (absent)
AKC Activity: Barbara
• Match Report: Match showed profit of $22.41
o Morning started off a little dicey with venue being double booked
o All worked out
o Thanked everyone for coming out.
• Will be another Match with other events in October
Legislative Update: Bonnie
• TX Supreme Court ruled they could not treat dogs like people. Dogs are still property.
AKC Update: Bonnie
New Member voting:
• Robert & Cheryl Schaeffer, and Angel Johnson were voted and approved as Associate Members.
• Rob & Cheryl’s 1 year anniversary will be April 2018.
We received more information regarding the claim against us from an injury incurred by an exhibitor at our 2016 show. Janet reminded everyone not to discuss this with anyone outside the club.
• Brian: Semmes Dog Days, June 17. We will have a tent and handouts set up. Need volunteers to help.
• Brian asked if the club would pay for 3 nights lodging during our show for the “Show Chair”. Kathy made a motion to pay for 3 nights. 2nd: Kendall. Passed unanimously
Discussion on Canine Flu: News from AKC, and other veterinarians. Rob and Cheryl want to order some vaccine because they cannot find s veterinarian close that has it in stock.
Pg3 MKC 6/17
New Business (cont.):
• Rob and Cheryl:
o Said they are attending a course on canine CPR
o Informed us that the local Hound Club would like us to support their Barn Hunt.
Janet said we would be gladly help but need more specifics as to what they need and cost.
o Rob said they will get information to our members through Carolyn
Adjournment: 8:05 p.m.
Motion: Brian, 2nd: Jimmy
Carolyn, Bonnie, Lori, Barb, & Kathy