|Forum Home > Minutes > 2017 July Meeting Minutes (approved)|
Month of: July 2017
Call to Order: 7:00 p.m.
Attendees: 13 Full members, 3 Associate Members, 5 visitors
Roll call of minutes: Brian
Minutes of previous meeting were approved as read. Motion: Kathy, 2nd: Kendall
President’s Report: Janet
• Welcomed all members and visitors
o Was concerned about our web domain (internet presence)
o Didn’t know when renewal was due
o We did not have access due to PW issues
• Worked on the issues
o We now have access to our web domain
o Renewal due 2021
• Ordered card swipe devices for our Pay Pal account
o Currently the app will not load
o Tried it on several different devices
o Will contact PayPal for assistance
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
• Received Notice PO Box payment was Due
o Kathy is handling it
• Received Insurance Claim info
Treasurer’s Report: Kathy
• Reported an overall balance of $22,631.08.
• Premium List was received and sent to members having items in it
o Changes were made and sent back to MB-F
• Will send hospitality sheets out this week
• Started on Judges for 2018 show
o Remined everyone of judge request info needed
o Judge name and number
MKC July Minutes (cont.) pg 2
• No Change at 2 know so far
• Several people would like “New Edge” back again
• Due to several complaints the sharpening trailer will not be invited back
• Need tons more
• Need raffle tickets
o Need to check store facility
o Brian said he will meet her there anytime
• When ducks were counted we were short
• Carlene called the company and problem is resolved
• Beverly bought a bullseye
AKC Activity: Barbara
• Conformation Handling classes
o Received one email interested in class
o Members at the meeting also expressed interest
• Asked if next match was going to be in Biloxi
o Brian said it is planned to be; however, we can have others too
Legislative Update: Bonnie
• Not a lot going on
• AL bill is still in committee
AKC Update: Bonnie
• Nothing new
New Member voting:
Samantha Bame, Charles Bame, Cecilia Barnes, Jason Jones, & Karen Jones
Unanimously voted for all to be approved as Associate Members
MKC July Minutes (cont.) pg 3
• Brian: Semmes Dog Days of Summer
o Thanked everyone who volunteered to come out and help.
o Sadly it was rained out, but Semmes plans to reschedule it.
• Rob: Hound Club Barn Hunt
o Club only meets every other month and has not had another meeting.
• Rob & Cheryl: Canine CPR and First Aid Course
o They are now certified for canine CPR & First Aid
o There is an App called “Pet Tech PetSaver” that gives First Aid advice for pets.
o Discussion regarding the club hosting the instructor for educational seminars or demonstrations.
Rob/Cheryl will get the instructors name and phone to Janet
• Kathy: Storage unit was sold to a new company called “Red Dot Storage”
o They are requiring “Contents” insurance. There is $9.00 per month.
o Our insurance only covers liability. Our insurance agent said $9 is cheaper than they could provide.
o After discussion, Brian made a motion to take Red Dot’s insurance for $9 at the advice of our Insurance provider. 2nd: Carolyn. Passed unanimously
• Lori: Breeder of Merit discounts
o Right now AKC has big discounts on microchips
o Lori will email Carolyn or Brian to send out to club to assemble a bulk order.
• Janet: 100 year anniversary of MKC approaching soon
o Would like any judge, that was a MKC member, to judge at our 2021 show.
o Members asked to email Janet their names if they know of anyone.
Adjournment: 8:00 p.m.
Motion: Kendall, 2nd: Brian