|Forum Home > Minutes > 2017 October Meeting Minutes - approved|
Month of: October
Call to Order: 7:00 p.m.
Attendees: 17 Full members, 4 Associate members & 6 guests
Roll call of minutes: August minutes were approved as read.
Mot: Kathy, 2nd - Carolyn
President’s Report: Janet
• Introductions of members and guests
• Thanked everyone for all their hard work and assistance throughout the year and the show.
Corresponding Secretary Report: Carolyn
• Received mail from AKC @ 2018 show
• Received letter from Atty RE 2016 injury claim at show
Treasurer’s Report: Kathy
• On hand bal. of $26,622.79
Accepted to do for 2018
Bought BIS prizes already
Discussed options for Breeds other than towels
Janet will be doing for 2018 due to health issues with Shirley
Will do again in 2018
Will do Again in 2018
AKC Activity: Barbara
Mutts for Pink, 10/14 – Breast Cancer Research fundraiser
w/ MGC Toy Club & MCGSD club
Will have obedience practice and CGC
Legislative Update: Bonnie
Worried about Legislative sessions
AKC Update: Bonnie
New Member voting: None
• Brian – 2016 Insurance Claim update
• Nominating Committee – must send report to Corr. Sec. no later than October 15 so it can be sent to all members. Kathy reported it is done.
• Carlene – BIG Thank You to Samantha, Beverly, Cecilia and Judy for all their help
• Brian/Barb - Obedience will be back at 2018
o Expectation from Brian that it will pay for itself
o Discussed basic costs (ring will be provided free)
• Bonnie – Fla-Ala Toy club is holding a Match Oct 14 in Robertsdale for Breast Cancer Research
• Lori – suggested could look into T-shirts to sell. Will be taken to the Board for consideration.
• Lori – suggested an kids art contest for the show cover.
• Carolyn – have menus available from local restaurants for exhibitors to look at
• Nicole – suggested having Junior times earlier on Sundays due to Monday school
• Lauren – The MS Hound club will be holding Lure Coursing 10/27-29
• Kimberly – we collected several hundred dollars and over 7,000 lbs of food for Relief efforts in TX and LA.
• Rick – Thanked everyone in the club for all of their support and assistance at the show.
• Special Certificates to Carlene, Beverly, and Kathy for all of their effort, support and hard work at the show.
• Grand Prize – weather radio that is rechargeable by solar, crank, or plug, and a portable USB charger for phones
o WINNER – Barbara Robinson
Adjournment: 8:31 p.m.
Motion – Kendall, 2nd Laura
Bonnie, Carolynn, and Barb